Monday, November 06, 2006

To Peck Ranch Again

This is going to be very brief. Beth came last weekend - that was great. We spent friday afternoon sleeping, got some groceries and cooked a feast for my roommates and friends of grilled chicken, potatoes and salad. We spent the rest of the night dancing and drinking at a bowling alley the Americorps team was at (the alley had a dj). Sat. just made costumes for the halloween party at my house that night. It was a great party. Sunday we went to the Zoo for most of the afternoon and then watched the exorcist I and II on AMC - by the way II sucks. The rest of the week Mia and I have just been getting some training in setting up community disaster units and goofing around - it's been a really easy week. I got friday off because yesterday some members and I went to Jefferson City to meet with Dante, who works at SEMA as a director of volunteers. The building is very impressive: underground, the latest equipment (radios, flatscreens all over, security locks and cameras, etc...) and is safe from nuclear fallout. Also, my roommate Dolan, had his mom come visit this weekend. She is very cool and sweet. We all went to the zoo (again), the chimps were awesome. The baby chimp was antagonizing the others and then swinging away - it was very amusing. Well, I'm off to Peck Ranch this week. Much love.

No comments: